Professionalism is the Mantra to Success
Professional portfolio is the first and foremost requirement to enter the world of modelling or show biz and there are no short cuts. If anyone feels certain prospects in you, they will still get you before a professional photographer to develop a portfolio. Models are chosen to fit into a storyline of an advertising campaign. It is not always beauty but the characteristics of a model required for the project.
In a portfolio photographer tries to highlight the visual strengths of a model. He/she works on to discover the all over features, hands, feet, neckline, hands, etc. as we know it is not always face that counts. Tall models get an option to walk the ramp/cat walk where as shorter models usually fit the commercial advertisements where mid-shots are generally shot.
Composite Card / Polaroid / ZED Card
Modelling portfolio presentation usually consists of:
- Minimum A 4 size prints to keep in a profile folder to present to the prospective client. Fifteen to twenty number of images to show various aspects of your features/looks is good enough. Keep updating this profile. Add printed advertisements to add strength to your profile.
- Composite Card / Polaroids / Zed Cards are about 6x8 inches size or roughly half A 4. These are both sides printed. One side has single image and other side is a collage / composite of a few images with different looks. This side has the Model's Name, Stats (Bust - Waist - Hips measurements), Height, Modelling Preferences and Contact Information (Email, Mobile Number/s, WhatsApp). Such cards are generally left with the clients for their records as reference for future assignments calls.
- I have been using these picture business cards since very, very long time. Have enjoyed positive response in their use, I have been designing business cards in standard size for models as well. Depending on the matter to be on the card's limites space I use one or two images in the front with all information that are on Composite Card. With convenience offered by digital printing its back has one selected picture in full size. I have found it to be very practical as people have a good system of storing business cards. Composite cards being slightly bigger these tend to get lost under piles of papers or files. Personally I find business cards are very handy to carry with us to give away to prospective clients when we come across in parties, shoots, travelling or any forum we parcipate.
- Today with digital printing it has become very easy to get all these printed and to keep them updated all the time. Carrying new images to a client one may have met earlier is always good. I generally for myself get ten to eleven sets of business cards printed. When there are two or more people in a meeting, when they find each card being different, I have found being asked to give more than one card they want to keep them as pieces of art. Like from an A4 size card sheet we get eight standard size business cards. I do suggest models to use this practice since most models have many images of looks, styles and from portfolio and commercial shoots. This adds weight while seeking assignments.
What-u-Get from me on paid Portfolio Development:
- A roughly four hour shoot in studio
- Five looks within this time frame
- Professional Makeup Artist till the last frame shot
- We shoot a look till we feel satisfied but within the four hours
- Wardrobe/dresses and accessories have to be organised by the model.
- In case fashion stylist,wardrobe or accessories services are required, it will be at actuals and price can be confirmed before finalising the shoot.
- Fifteen Hard Prints in A4 size for portfolio file with name
- Four designs of composite card with one hard print of each.
- Standard Business card size design with roughly eight hard prints.
- Charges for portfolio development is Rs. 30,000/- (Thirty Thousand only)
- Payment Schedule: Rs. 10,000/- (Ten Thousand only) - FIRST INSTALMENT on confirming the date of shoot
- Payment Schedule: Rs. 15,000/- (Fifteen Thousand only) - SECOND INSTALMENT before start of the shoot
- Payment Schedule: Rs. 5,000/- (Five Thousand only) as FINAL PAYMENT on delivery of agreed 15 Nos. A4 size prints; 4 Nos. of 6x8 inch Composite Cards (one each design and design may vary from the samples posted); 8 Nos. of Business Card (design may vary from the samples posted); all good image files of the shoot on DVD/s and the edited images as above mentioned including images for web sharing in JPEG on CD. Layers of a file each of Composite and Business Card are kept open so that data can be edited in future saving any possible expenses of designing by labs.